Orem Heritage Museum
ENTER TO WIN PRIZES WHEN YOU VISIT THE MUSEUM!
We'll have a variety of prizes, including SCERA event tickets, that you can enter to win when you visit the museum during public hours. If you visit the museum before December 15, 2014, you can enter to win two free tickets to see The Bar J Wranglers in concert at UVU on Dec. 17th plus an overnight stay at Orem's Hampton Inn valid for one year.
A visit to the Orem Heritage Museum is great for school and church groups, scout troops, clubs and organizations, and families and individuals. The museum is an impressive 2,000-piece collection that tells the unique history of the city of Orem through artifacts including:
- Coal stove, butter churn, old-fashioned washing machine, popcorn poppers, victrola, pioneer clothing and more
- World War I to Korean War displays featuring uniforms, equipment and weapons
- Indian petroglyphs and arrowheads
- Toy display
- A blacksmith shop and agricultural displays
- Early Orem schools, churches and railroad exhibits
- Evolution of Orem from agriculture, industry and education
- World War II Orem prisoner of war camp display
- Historic memorabilia from Geneva Steel and SCERA
- Diorama of 1940's Orem with a working model railroad
- Historical videos of early Orem settlers
LOCATION: The museum has moved to the historic building just south of the SCERA Center at 777 South State, Orem. (Between SCERA Center and Maverick)
ADMISSION: Free Admission
PUBLIC HOURS: The museum's hours have changed slightly! New hours will be NOVEMBER - FEBRUARY from 1:00-5:00pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and MARCH - OCTOBER from 3:00-7:00pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Stop by for a free guided tour or self-guided walk-through tour. HOLIDAY CLOSURES: The museum will be closed on Dec. 24 and Dec. 31.
TO REQUEST A TOUR: You can also schedule a group tour outside of the public hours listed above. If you would like to schedule a group tour, call (801) 225-ARTS ext. 1030 to reach the Orem Heritage Museum. Click here to email a tour request and we will contact you to work out the details.