Orem Heritage Museum
ENTER TO WIN PRIZES WHEN YOU VISIT THE MUSEUM!
We'll have a variety of prizes, including SCERA event tickets, that you can enter to win when you visit the museum during public hours.
A visit to the Orem Heritage Museum is great for school and church groups, scout troops, clubs and organizations, and families and individuals. The museum is an impressive 30,000-piece collection that tells the unique history of the city of Orem through artifacts including:
- Coal stove, butter churn, old-fashioned washing machine, popcorn poppers, victrola, pioneer clothing and more
- World War I to Korean War displays featuring uniforms, equipment and weapons
- Indian petroglyphs and arrowheads
- Toy display
- A blacksmith shop and agricultural displays
- Early Orem schools, churches and railroad exhibits
- Evolution of Orem from agriculture, industry and education
- World War II Orem prisoner of war camp display
- Historic memorabilia from Geneva Steel and SCERA
- Diorama of 1940's Orem with a working model railroad
- Historical videos of early Orem settlers
LOCATION: The museum has recently moved to the historic building just south of the SCERA Center at 777 South State, Orem. (Between SCERA Center and Maverick)
ADMISSION: Free Admission
PUBLIC HOURS: The museum's hours have changed slightly! New hours will be NOVEMBER - FEBRUARY from 1:00-5:00pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and MARCH - OCTOBER from 3:00-7:00pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Stop by for a free guided tour or self-guided walk-through tour.
TO REQUEST A TOUR: You can also schedule a group tour outside of the public hours listed above. If you would like to schedule a group tour, call (801) 225-ARTS ext. 1030 to reach the Orem Heritage Museum. Click here to email a tour request and we will contact you to work out the details.